Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Great Migration

Well, today is the last day of exile in Brussels. Tomorrow I take my situation into my own hands and head for Madrid with my coworker Javier, who happens to live there. I've booked a flight home on Friday (direct flight Madrid to JFK, from which I will need to figure out a way to get to Newark but I'm sure that can be achieved easily via a variety of means). I may be able to get home Wednesday or Thursday, but it'll require routing through somewhere like Ecuador or Columbia, or before I do that I'm going to talk to my company's real Travel Services office and get their perspective.

In the meantime, I will be spending the next day (or two?) driving from Brussels, all of France, and most of Spain down to Madrid, where I will stay until I can get a flight home (again, at latest, it should be Friday).

Not gonna write much more tonight because I need to get some sleep and I'm meeting Javier at the airport quite early to begin the first real tangible step in my journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment